Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform and sensor hardware combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
Enlighted is looking for a Firmware Engineer to join our team in the Kitchener, ON office. The firmware team develops cutting edge sensing and processing units combined with our smart building platform helps reduce energy usage and increase operational efficiency. Our platform is installed in over 410 million square feet of commercial real estate across 31 countries. This role entails significant ownership of our world class firmware design, ranging from architecture, implementation, validation, and full life cycle ownership.
What will you do?
- Deliver high-quality C code to run in a real-time embedded environment.
- Integrate new sensors, improve control systems, implement and debug features.
- Architect, design, test and integrate firmware features targeted for IoT devices built for high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization.
- Develop, enhance and debug new and existing real-time firmware components and features in C.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- Provide hardware/firmware support and design input as required to Cloud/UI Designers and others.
- Build edge computing modules and integrate them effectively to achieve real-time requirements.
- Support continuous integration and code quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide support for Data Science team in the effective and accurate collection of data from Enlighted's systems
- Identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
- Improve customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
What will you need to succeed?
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields with practical software engineering experience
- Proficiency with C, Python programming
- Working knowledge of agile process in a firmware setup.
- Experience with driver level programming, strong knowledge of microcontroller to hardware interfacing requirements and implementation in firmware, such as: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), Wi-fi, Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), A/D (Analog-to-Digital) inputs, and Wireless
- Ability to demonstrate experience in development of embedded products in high volumes involving microcontrollers running FreeRTOS™ or any other real-time operating system.
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Remain engaged, proactive, and positive while solving very challenging problems.
- Familiarity with embedded development tools
- Experience with Linux, embedded Linux
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.