Hi, We’re Siemens Mobility! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding Inspector 1 to the team due to grown and expansion.
Get ready to Design, Build and Execute!
What you will be doing in this role:
- Performs wide variety of complex and difficult electro-mechanical inspections in the finishing, assembly and final acceptance.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct visual, dimensional, test and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, systems and materials.
- Prepares and demonstrates capability to perform routine inspection reports, charts, and records regarding quality measures, conformance status, and quantity of material processed.
- Performs routine inspection procedures requiring set-up and use of mechanical measurement equipment and interpretation of test data from a variety of sources.
- May conduct first article inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Performs and validates, using basic shop mathematics.
- Interprets and uses blueprints, specs, engineering drawings, material lists and proper inspection standards.
- May lead routine root cause evaluations and corrective actions utilizing quality tools
-Maintains charts and maintains statistical methods in area of working assignment.
- Meet internal Company standards for quality and workmanship.
- Expected to contribute and maintain conditions that will ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
-May be required to work overtime, weekends, and/or different shifts as necessary to meet business critical requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Cross training will be required to cover business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Function / Degree Preferred:
High school education, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a minimum of 1year experience in a manufacturing or similar environment, such as construction, automotive or electrical service industries.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, working both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in some working environments may exceed 85dB
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours , Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.