As a remote employee in the Advanced Therapies (AT) and Corindus Research Collaborations Team, you will manage AT and Corindus research collaborations at hospitals and medical centers across the United States and Canada.
Research activities involve (but are not limited to) the evaluation of new applications for commercially available products, prototypes or newly released enhancements to Siemens angiography equipment and intravascular robots, developing clinical workflows and basic science research for use in interventional procedures. Cross-modality imaging integration of Magnetic Resonance, Computed Tomography and Ultrasound image-guidance technologies will also be in scope.
Job duties include:
· Work closely with AT Innovations (Research & Development) in Forchheim, Germany and Research & Development in Newton, MA and on-site service personnel to install, learn detailed operation of, and pre-test prototype hardware and software.
· Work closely with the Siemens Healthineers corporate technology team.
· Work with legal, compliance, research, and logistics personnel on (both internally and with academic centers) to develop research agreements that define the required equipment, funding, and deliverables for each research project. Track budget, milestones, and deliverables throughout the project.
· Work with Project Manager in Forchheim and the site Principal Investigator to define the research protocol for each project.
· Work with research, technical, and medical staff, on-site, to support research-related to interventional cases.
· Provide written feedback to R&D (Forchheim and Newton) for each project and support the Principal Investigators in reporting and publishing efforts.
· Write and present reports to senior management regarding project results and new project ideas from the field.
· Communicate regularly with other members of the collaborations group, including web meetings, site visits, and workshops in both the US and Germany.
· Present the Company’s research topics to potential new collaborators.
This position will be based in the Northeast USA.
Domestic and international travel will be between 25% and 40% depending on location, to attend internal workshops and medical conferences, and to support collaborations at remote sites.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The minimum education requirement is a Master’s degree in engineering, physics, or a related field, or an MD degree. PhD or MD preferred.
The minimum experience required is 2 years working with medical imaging equipment in an environment (either commercial or academic research) that involves frequent interaction with physicians and other medical staff.
Experience related to robotic interventions or robotic surgical procedures preferred.
Experience with industry-academia research collaborations is preferred.
Special Skills or Other Requirements:
· Must be able to work and manage time independently, as a remote employee.
· Interpersonal communication skills are extremely important.
· Written and verbal communication skills are very important, for both publications support and internal and external presentations.
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
· Background and experience in the medical specialty of Cardiology or Neurology preferred.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.