Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
Our business is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented and highly motivated individual to join our innovative team! As a Financial Analyst with the Digital Grid Business Unit, you will provide support in financial leadership and management of Digital Grid segments, including management of profit and loss statements, balance sheets and free cash flow. This position will report to the DG Controller, but the daily work will be overseen and managed by the lead Commercial in Quebec. The successful candidate will be responsible to produce resource utilization reports, ensure projects are on track from a financial delivery perspective, enables financial reviews related to the budget and financial forecast, support during project due diligence phases and other duties as needed.
- Support in the development and monitoring of financial/operational metrics to measure the business segment’s profitability and efficiency. Communicate to management recommended solutions for improvement
- Maintain and update planning models (Trackers), tools and processes to reflect current and future changes to the business as new information is acquired
- Prepare timely and accurately, annual budgets/monthly forecasts for the assigned portfolio (bottom up approach). This includes detailed analysis of fluctuations and variances as compared to the actual results or previous forecast
- Conduct due diligence related to all business administrational and accounting topics including accounting diligence, financial model review
- Support in the review and update of procedures and controls as it pertains to the related portfolio and risk/audit requirements
- Analyze and monitor the Operating Expenses (SG&A) for the respective segments (streams/cost centers)
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Working towards professional accounting designation, an asset
- 2+ years relevant accounting and/or analyst experience (IFRS) working in matrix organization, preferably in financial controlling
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels and to effectively present information to public groups and C-level management
- Excellent communication skills and oral presentation skills
- Able to integrate and work within a multinational group environment
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and accounting software/SAP
- French speaking and writing as strong asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.