We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to create intelligent solutions and perfect places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
We enhance building performance through the power of data. In this energizing part we develop applications and tools which are the basis for innovative data-based energy and building performance offerings.
Within that frame we are looking for a systems integration engineer in a global domain expert role to support those tools and act as main interface between our global Headquarters and our four Regions “Americas, Germany, Europe and Asia/Middle East”. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague who is passionate about working in an international environment and across different technology domains. You will be part of a cross-functional community who will be happy to introduce you to our dynamic, global environment. Join us and help us creating environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
- Cover HQ Level Helpdesk and perform ongoing support for related problems escalated internally by Siemens employees
- Support Region experts and enable them to increase local competence in technical aspects
- Provide technical training material and the training of experts
- Support in piloting and User Acceptance Tests in strong cooperation with the Regions and the development teams
- Test main use cases with the related applications, various technologies and related Cyber Security
- Coordination with the PSS (Product and Solution Security) organization
- Support Region SMEs in customization (localization) of functionality according to customer needs and usability
- Take care of technical governance and “good practice” sharing
- Moderation of the global Technical Expert Community
- Act as main contact and support to the Regions for all above-described tasks
- Managing of application support engineers
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s in engineering or similar technical degree
- Knowhow of building technology domain, especially in energy and building performance services, e.g. deep knowledge of Siemens Navigator applications is a strong plus
- Strong ability to solve technical problems self reliantly
- Transferring knowledge to others as a domain specialist, on-the-job supporting, guiding, coaching and checking, remote or on-site
- Excellent in analytical thinking: analyzing situations, anticipating, identifying, and describing problems, seeking root causes, developing and implementing practical and timely solutions
- Remote guiding and supporting with specific tools and process
- Localizing and implementing policy and procedures that will ensure secure practices at all phases of service delivery
- International exposure and strong communication skills in English; additional languages especially German are a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either