Customer Services Unit Belgium supports service-related topics for the Mobility division for the Market of Belgium and Luxembourg. Customer Services aims to make rail operations even more efficient with innovative technologies at all levels (Rolling stock and Rail Infrastructure) and providing our customers with excellent maintenance services.
The present position is situated in the domain of the Siemens rail control system called ‘EBP’ and in use, nation-wide, for the Belgian rail infrastructure manager. A team of specialized IT resources is supporting the customer in the management and maintenance of this nation-wide IT system. This consist of helping the customer in the definition of new architecture (network/hardware/IT security) as well as in doing all the necessary preventive (from cleaning activities to roll-out of new SW upgrades and renewal of hardware) and corrective maintenance work in the different computer rooms and control rooms.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager and coach for our specialized ICT Infrastructure and maintenance team of 15 people.
The main goal of your team is to ensure the daily operations for the EBP maintenance contracts, so that the maintenance project managers (MPM's) and the EBP program manager can rely on a good organized team with the necessary knowledge, processes and tools. In the future, new projects may fall under the scope of this team.
Topics to be covered in this perspective are: helpdesk/service desk, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, stock & material flow, HW & SW upgrades and renewals, planning and knowledge of the technicians.
You ensure the technical and strategical alignment with the different stakeholders internally and externally.
Further on you are responsible for the mid- and long-term resource planning based on overall planning and strategical insights which are aligned with the overall program mgt.
Above all there is the I&M EBP team to be managed: coaching of the people, competence management, capacity planning, … including the hierarchical leaders of the team members.
- Customer visits to agree on mid/long term planning, organizational topics, expectation management meetings, Change Request (CR) meetings.
- Ensure operational scheduling of people and material is done fluently and efficient together with the sub-team coordinators and the planning cell.
- Make a long-term forecast for resource needs (+6 months). Hire the necessary staff in accordance.
- Organize the 24/7 helpdesk / guard duty where applicable.
- Ensure EHS rules and quality requirements are applied.
- Ensure correct installed base by installing the right culture and awareness of the importance of correct reporting.
- Ensure the right processes & tools are in place for efficient working and reporting.
- You have experience in managing ICT-maintenance teams (ideally system administration teams).
- You are known as a strong people manager who knows how to motivate their team With a positive and constructive approach, you make sure your teams develop themselves. You help them to see the details without losing the bigger picture.
- Even if you’re approach is also hands-on, your strategical mindset and helicopter view are helping you to work in a proactive way and to anticipate.
- As you lead by example, your communication style, your own work discipline, and your capacity to getting things done are impeccable.
- Customers adore you as you really understand their needs.
- Experience with railway environment is an asset.
- You have a good practical knowledge of Dutch, French and English. Knowledge of German is an asset.
Join us on an expedition towards a sustainable future and apply now!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.A. / N.V
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time