The Software R&D Project Manager is responsible for driving R&D projects as per defined scope, cost and timeline while managing the risks. The role demands quick learning to gain good understanding of product and domain.
• Manage R&D projects with full responsibility for project results.
• Drive R&D projects in cooperation with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders - Product Management, R&D Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Field Service, vendors, and customers.
• Execute project within the defined requirements (e.g., regarding targets for project & product cost, time, quality, functionality, and customer satisfaction).
• Plans, documents, and executes all phases of the project lifecycle, including scope management, requirements management, work breakdown, and dependency management
• Develops detailed work breakdown schedules, project estimates, and resource plans that support scope.
• Timely decisions about open issues, escalate appropriately and if required.
• Leads the project team on development efforts and works with functional managers to ensure team members are effectively contributing to project goals
• Ensure adherence to architecture, design, quality guidelines as well as product security and product safety topics.
• Manage and ensure compliance to standards, working laws, rules and regulations, intellectual property rights.
• Perform risk and opportunity management.
• Drive a continuous improvement culture including e.g., reuse, cooperation, knowledge management, lessons learned.
• Conducts and facilitates effective project meetings including issue tracking, status reports, and executive communications
• Enable cross-functional collaboration within the team and beyond. Ensure transparency on work items and progress in team.
• Actively participate in collecting and sharing best practices.
Qualifications and experience
• Engineering degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• 10+ years of professional experience in SW product development
• 3+ years of experience in R&D project management
• Sound knowledge of SDLC and agile practices.
• Working Knowledge of DICOM, HL7, FHIR is a plus.
• Added advantage if any experience in medical device product development
• Excellent spoken & written communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Team player with a proactive approach
• Self-starter, quick learner, and passionate problem resolver