Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
To support our Customers, Siemens Mobility Customer Service is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, and self-driven Project Manager to lead the technical support services for a fleet of our Charger Locomotives. You will own the maintenance project through the execution phase and fulfill all customer contract requirements. Ideally, you will have led projects in the same or similar industries and led a multi-functional team.
This role collaborates with the Project Director, who provides functional supervision and sets out targets to achieve. You will be fully responsible for the results (Budget, Schedule, Quality) and assume the responsibility for EHS in the project.The responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Profit & loss for the maintenance contract as well as trends/outcomes of assigned projects.
- Proactively handle project scope/cost/schedule changes, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans.
- Drive the project schedule for service mobilization, project milestones, material delivery, and acceptance. Drive modification planning.
- Initiate strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for service startups.
- Promote a Zero Harm culture through developing, implementing, reviewing, and communicating EH&S Policies and Procedures at the local level.
- Prepare and deliver project reports, customer progress reports, change proposals, and presentations to management and internal and external partners.
- Supervise and optimize the defined critical metrics from the service contract throughout the project (reliability, availability, safety, etc.).
- Ensure field data acquisition and data analysis during maintenance and overhaul.
- Align and monitor Siemens' maintenance priorities/services with customer expectations and contract obligations.
- Responsible for appropriate actions or escalation in the event of incidents within the Service organization.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and partners in a timely and transparent fashion.
- Define the requirements and the strategy to achieve the goals of the service project.
- Implement the legal or contractual requirements in the maintenance plant and ensure that the requirements for partners and suppliers are considered in the contracts.
- Prepare the project goal matrix for the core team members.
- Release the maintenance concept and the training concept.
- Release the customer documentation (e.g., maintenance documentation, spare parts catalog, special tools documentation.)
- Generate harmonies by using standard functions and resources in the project, e.g.:
- procurement, change, and schedule management
- contract management, training, engineering
- cooperation in the commissioning/warranty phase, infrastructure (depot)
- Verify that service-specific requirements are contained in the contracts with suppliers
- Participate in the readiness checks and First Article Inspections of the lead project
- Several years of experience in Sales or Project Management and, as a minimum, in another functional area like Service, Commissioning or Engineering
- Sound knowledge of maintenance management, familiarity with the locomotive industry, equipment, terminology, and regulatory obligations.
- Demonstrated understanding of digitalization and automation.
- Experience as PM with full responsibility for project results in cross-organizational projects
- ≥ 3 years of leadership experience leading a PM team
- Intercultural experience and collaboration with international Project Teams.
- Completed a technical study (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering) or equivalent technical graduation.
- PMP® or PM@Siemens certified or able to get certification within twelve months of hire.
- Written and verbal German language skills are strongly preferred.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Project Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.