Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biomedical & Medical Engineering/Medical Technology Intern in our Innovation Think Tank.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biomedical & Medical Engineering/Medical
Technology Intern, you will be
- Your tasks include working on various questions, concepts and improvements in medical technology and their supporting infrastructures
- Fields of working can be:
- Requirement analysis and engineering
- Development of concepts for hospital (departments) of the future
- Creating and improving disease pathways
- Rapid prototyping (3D modelling, sensor testing, etc.)
- Technology scouting, market and competitive intelligence analysis
- Innovation event organization and management (Innovation Think Tank Certification and Training Programs, ITT Lab set-up, etc.)
This position may suit you best
if you are familiar with what is
below, and would like
to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You are interested in working on a variety of different interdisciplinary projects and solving real problems in the field of medical technology
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You feel at home in a multicultural, interdisciplinary environment
- You are open to new ideas and interested in both working independently and in working in a team
- You are open for new fields of working and task outside your studies
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- You are currently studying biomedical/medical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, medical electronics or similar, at an accredited US institutions (at least 3rd year of bachelor study)
- You already have gathered some work experience.
- You must have a minimum 3.2 GPA or higher
- You must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment
- You must be available to work part-time (up to 20 hours/week) during the academic year
Start date: September 2021; 6-9 months.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.