The SI DS Business Unit of Siemens is located near Raleigh, NC and is looking for highly qualified, innovative, and energetic Engineers for its Product / Process Team.
The objective of the Smart Infrastructure (SI) Distribution Systems (DS) Product/Process Engineer is to develop and support the tools, systems, and platforms used by the different value-add activities in the Business Unit (BU).
- Actively engage the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and R&D (Research & Development) Teams during the stages of new product introduction in order to anticipate the tools and systems-related needs of the operational teams in the BU.
- Maintain and support SAP Variant Configurator rules engine used behind our configuration tools (NX Tools) for mechanical parts for designated product line. Maintain Cost + rules utilized during our quotation stage to provide more accurate quotes during offers.
- Review and track trends of commonly added or deleted parts and update configurator accordingly to increase configurator accuracy and ultimately increase efficiency/quality of the Engineering Teams.
- Serve as a technical lead for designated product line.
- Support standardization effort alongside PLM for designated product line.
- Deep understanding of the different tools and business processes of the SI DS business unit utilized throughout a project’s lifecycle (from offer to warranty). Correlate how these tools/processes impact the top and bottom line of our financial results.
- Understanding of the intra-BU processes in Siemens and how they affect the value-add activities of the different teams in DS. Develop and implement solutions that improve the friction between the different tools/processes being used and facilitate the results of the different teams.
- Work with the managers of the various DS teams to determine what tools, programs, and/or processes are used in their value-add activities to produce their respective deliverables. Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies through the implementation of new tools/programs or existing platforms being used.
- Develop new features and maintain current functionality in the tools currently used by the DS BU, such as NX Tools, SAP, Salesforce, EBASE, Mechanical Toolbox, AutoCAD, among others.
- Develop and support macros/automations in Engineering Base by Aucotec electrical design software.
- Stay continuously informed of the different trends in technology and tools currently used by DS or other programs with potential benefit to the DS BU.
- Champion and lead a culture of innovation within the DS BU to promote the use of tools and automation to maximize productivity, reduce costs, and improve quality.
- Evaluate the business benefit of the implementation of new solutions or improvements in current platforms. This shall also provide a prioritization of efforts through the fiscal year and serve as the basis to develop the Key Performance Indicators of this position.
- Become an active member of the community of systems experts across Siemens.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology with relevant experience.
• 2+ years of related experience.
• Experience with cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
• Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills working with many different teams.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
• Less than 5% travel required.
• Experience in Object Oriented Programming. Visual Basic (VBA, VB.net) is preferred.
• Proven experience developing and maintaining tools to improve efficiency, quality, and cost position of an organization.
• Experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies in 3D software (Teamcenter, SolidWorks, Creo, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred.
• Experience in AutoCad or Engineering Base by Aucotec.
• Experience in design and development of Medium Voltage Switchgear and/or Low Voltage Motor Controllers.
* Typically this position will work a flexible schedule - 2-3 days in-office / 2-3 days remote.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.