The Application Support Engineer is responsible for managing a set of customer accounts in the electronics industry to ensure their technical success with our Simcenter portfolio of simulation products, focusing on our fluid dynamics and heat transfer product lines (Simcenter Flotherm, FloEFD and STAR-CCM+).
Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives. The role includes training, mentoring and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to define and execute pro-active initiatives to grow usage within the set of assigned accounts. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of Flotherm/FloEFD/STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues, including reporting of bugs.
- Conduct technical discussions with clients on behalf of Siemens, exploring the application of CFD to client projects and products.
- Participate in the sales process to facilitate sales and deployment of software at potential and existing customers.
- Conduct training on Introductory and Advanced Topics
- Perform benchmark simulations and other internal projects to define best practices and verify results.
- Present new features of software to address customer needs
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for the customer portal
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in mechanical, aerospace engineering or similar related field with focus on computational methods in heat transfer and fluid dynamics.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
The ideal candidate would have further demonstrated experience in thermal and fluid simulations and testing as deployed in support of electronics design projects.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience applying common thermal design strategies to electrical hardware, including design objectives, constraints and methods employed in industry will be an asset.
- Mechanical design experience with tools like Siemens NX, SolidEdge, or another competitive tool used in the electronics industry. Experience preparing complicated production level models for simulation is especially valuable.
- Familiarity with electronic design automation (EDA) tools and workflows including tools like Calibre, Xpedition or similar competitive tools.
- Experience with Flotherm/FloEFD/STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD tools.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.