Whether it involves guaranteed availability, improved efficiency, or the implementation of new business models, Digital Services from Siemens Mobility Services provides our customers with the key. From sensor technology to intelligent algorithms and detailed analytics, we offer a complete foundation for optimized operation – further supported by our authorities' decades of practical experience in rail service. We connect more than 300,000 devices and systems that meet the latest IT security standards to an Application Suite crafted from our robust platform architecture. Based on this foundation, we further improved our Mobility Application Suite for our customers, and it will allow them to get even more out of their systems.
We seek to hire a fully remote Cloud Software Engineer to build innovative solutions for our rail customers with rolling stock assets, infrastructure assets, and rail asset management systems by maintaining and developing new features on existing products. You will also support the expansion of the digital portfolio by collecting requirements, driving the creation of proofs-of-concept and prototypes, and crafting new end-to-end analytics applications. These actions will deliver tangible value to our customers and thus cause the growth of digital services in the North American market.
In addition, this position will support our maintenance service projects within our business innovation program. You will be part of a multi-functional team of UX designers, service engineers, data scientists, solution architects, procurement, as well as technical and commercial project management. Together, we enhance the availability of our customers' trains. We do this by innovating our maintenance tool landscape and redefining our processes. As an example, we continuously develop a tool that supervises the service performance of our maintenance projects. Moreover, we collect data from measurement devices and transfer it to our Railigent platform to forecast and extend the remaining life of coach wheels.
This position helps us to implement our solutions by partnering with innovative technology providers like Amazon Web Services. In addition, this position supports the technical onboarding process of train-component vendors as partners within the Railigent ecosystem. You will build APIs to train component suppliers to access data within Railigent or set up a CI/CD pipeline to deploy a containerized application.Responsibilities:
- Collaborates closely with a distributed team of data scientists, engineering teams, solution architects, platform developers, UX designers to develop innovative data analytics prototypes and production solutions
- Aggregates cloud-computing knowledge and is, therefore, a key enabler for our data scientists.
- Coordinates the development team and its solutions using agile software development
- Is eager to learn new services and stay on top of the latest trends in AWS cloud computing
- Bachelors or Master's degree in applied computer science or comparable degree - qualified IT specialist with several years of professional experience or equivalent qualification.
- At least five years of experience in professional software engineering
- Validated experience in cloud-computing environments, either Amazon Web Services AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrably strong experience with programming languages Python, Java, Scala, or similar.
- Confirmed experience with large-scale data infrastructure, data processing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery CI/CD, container-based deployment
- Experience in agile software development
- Presentation skills
- Experience with modern big data technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, MQTT, Spark, PySpark, pandas, etc.
- Experience with machine-learning libraries or frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, PyTorch, MXNet
- Experience with REST and SOAP API back-end services
- Experience with BI solutions like Tableau or TIBCO Spotfire
- Creativity and lateral thinking for feature generation in the data
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.