Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2022 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work in a full-time capacity
- Preferred sophomore or junior standing
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Engineering Consulting Services (ECS)
Web Application Developer Co-op
Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is an organization within Siemens PLM responsible for creating custom tools for Siemens PLM Software implementation engineers. Our team is seeking a web application developer co-op, filling a technical leadership role on a small core development team, reporting to the Development Manager. This individual will be working to develop new and compelling user functionality within the existing software system; building on a previous release of minimum viable product, users and key stakeholders are looking for further extensions to existing code as well as support for some entirely new use cases. Additionally, this role will provide the opportunity to collaborate with another international development team for integrating functionalities into a broader system. Approximately 90% of the roll will focused on analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products. The remainder of the time will be spent interacting with product managers and users to define system requirements, as well as participating in software design meetings.
- Collaborate with management, departments and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Design algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems
- Produce efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Test and deploy programs and applications
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software
- Compile and assess user feedback to improve software performance
- Observe user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products
- Develop technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Studying for a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with the following preferred: charting libraries (Chart.js, Highcharts), business process diagramming (BPMN.io / bpmn-js), database persistence frameworks (MyBatis)
- Passionate about participating in a collaborative, mentorship program
- Proactive leader with strong work ethic
- Sharp and tenacious trouble shooting skills
- Exceptional analytical, investigative, and communication skills
- Dependable and detail-oriented
- Inspires teamwork
- Commanding grasp of Microsoft office
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.