With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Software Test Engineer – Manual team and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us !
• The ‘Engineer - Verification & Validation’ is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
• He / she shall verify and validate the software application functions ensuring that applications & configuration are healthy. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for applications used in different substations and for different electrical equipment like Transformer, Bushing, Circuit Breaker, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Arc Suppression Coil, Gas Instrument Transformer etc. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing.
• He/she is responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
• Review user stories with relevant stake holders during refinement.
• Specify and execute test cases based on user stories and overall test strategy
• Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
• Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager/Test Lead.
• Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
• Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
• Support to developers / testers for analysis of bugs by making automation scripts.
Use your skills!
• We are looking for B.E/B.Tech (ECE/EEE/CSE/IT/Instrumentation) with 4 to 6 years of experience in testing of Software and hardware (Controllers, Smart Boxes etc.)
• Good knowledge of Software development lifecycle, Software testing lifecycle, Agile Scrum
• Testcase design, execution, reporting
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required.
• Strong Analytical skills is desirable for field’s bug handling.
• Experience on Siemens Transformer and different Substation equipment
• Good knowledge Configuration of devices, Communication protocols (MQTT, M2M) or any other
• Good communication skill (oral and written), quick learner for new technologies.
• Working experience in Agile teams.
• Experience on JIRA and Zephyr for Test management and defect tracking
• AWS, IoT knowledge
• ISTQB Certified
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time