Become the driving force of digital transformation!
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Joining our Digital Enterprise Services team means you’ll have the opportunity to impact the complete value chain from classic product related services (support services, learning services, field service, maintenance, and upgrades) to innovative data-based services (cyber security, analytical services, and cloud technology) which let customers leverage opportunities in the digitalization era. The overall goal of Digital Enterprise Services is to support customers in increasing plant availability, production quality, and enhance productivity.
Success as a Technical Support professional, depends on:
Cognitive Flexibility – Support customers across traditional learning, support, service, and data analysis functions. You will have to remain agile and shift across these roles as customer demands and team resources change.
Customer Focus – Deliver product and systems support including install, commissioning, maintenance, and evaluation of customer equipment and systems. Provide customized service during scheduled and emergency situations remotely or onsite and provide 2nd and 3rd level user support. Not only are you considered the expert, but you effectively transfer this knowledge to customers through individual / group technical learning courses that you curate from external vendors or develop and maintain yourself. Your customer focus allows you to learn about customers’ needs and uncover new business opportunities and service offerings for Siemens.
Problem Solving – Use your Critical thinking and detailed systems analysis / evaluation techniques to assess trace and diagnostic information, recommend solutions or next steps, and guide field service personnel or other specialists to solve issues. Initiate improvements by escalating towards the next higher level (e.g., Development or Subject Matter Expert’s) if required. May analyze and enrich data by deploying various kinds of data analytic methods while diagnosing, clarifying, and resolving technical problems.
Active Learner – Learning & development is foundational as you seek to improve your own knowledge and skill set, while also utilizing proven learning strategies to enrich the team and customers you interact with.
Systems Thinking – You can evaluate and understand the individual parts of a complex industrial solution, and how these components work together to form an effective system.
Applicant provides assistance in routine product support to customers remotely via telephone, e-mail, fax, and documents accordingly. Provides assistance with on-site and in-house troubleshooting for routine products and other related products to customers. Applicant will assist in active programs to increase customer satisfaction. Applicant will assist in disseminating routine product knowledge. Applicant provides assistance recommending routine product needs of the customer to product design group. Applicant will assist coordinating new product introductions as they relate to product support.
- Drives Technical Support Center Engineer providing both remote technical support (telephone, email, etc.) and on-site technical support to resolve moderately complex issues related to the application of Siemens variable frequency drives and drives-based / PLC-based motion control products.
- Listens to customer concerns and issues, uses appropriate troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques to isolate the root cause of the problems, and recommends / implements appropriate solutions to resolve the problem.
- Performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly defined issues. Refers semi-complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems.
- Keenly aware of customer situations and strives to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with other members of our various technical communities and conveys technical knowledge gained via the generation of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Tips & Tricks, Application notes, etc.
- Works with various product marketing groups to convey customer concerns or potential enhancements to our products.
- Thoroughly documents customer questions and potential solutions using a case management system.
- Works closely with Sales, Technical Support, Engineering, and various internal groups to manage escalated customer inquiries.
- Support may include 3rd party products/solutions and may include occasional on-site support.
- Position requires both scheduled and occasionally unplanned 24x7 rotational on call technical support.
- Demonstrated application of the core success skills listed above, including good communication skills, listens to customer concerns and issues, use appropriate troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques to isolate the root cause of the problems, and recommends / implements appropriate solutions to resolve the problem.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze product technical specifications to customer logic, flow diagrams, and electrical control panel drawings.
- Applicant should have BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Experience in designing, commissioning, and troubleshooting AC and/or DC drive applications. Proven application design, commissioning, and troubleshooting experience with Siemens SIMATIC, SIMOREG, SIMOVERT, SINAMICS, and SIMOTION automation and drives products is a plus
- Automation and drives experience in the steel, paper, printing, or textiles industries with winding, unwinding, and tension control is also a plus.
- Knowledge of Step 7 Classic, TIA Portal, and related hardware
- Programming languages: Ladder, Function Block (FBD), and Structured Control (SCL)
- Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet, Modbus, serial RS232/485 communication protocols and related analysis tools
- Knowledge of motion control, AC/DC drive and axis technology concepts
- Knowledge of electrical circuitry and IO signal processing.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.