Solution Architect - Energy
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
The Solution Architect is responsible for managing customer requirements, leading workshops, analyzing business requirements, and driving functional and technical solutions through project documentation. This role involves intensive and on-going customer interaction throughout the entire lifecycle of a project from the requirements phase to the configuration and testing phases. A Solution Architect is the technical leader on the project and is expected to conduct all requirements workshops across a variety of business. A high level of professionalism, a commitment to quality, and the ability to work with technical and non-technical individuals is a necessity to successfully define and implement a quality solution.
· Respond to RFP/RFI or any leads, doing due-diligence and providing sizing requirements, architectures, making technical presentations along with estimations
· Extensive knowledge of Bid Management, RFI, RFP, RFQ response. Define highly efficient but cost-effective cloud operations approach.
· Define and drive solutions across multiple business functions, processes, and technical domains
· Manage and/or participate in project teams for driving software implementation, systems integration, and business process
· Conduct workshops with customers on-site to gather and document "as is" and "to be" business process and solution design requirements
· Understand business issues, their drivers and articulate solutions including business process change, configuration change and product enhancements
· Analyze software and configuration requirements according to specifications to aid in the development of project plans, milestones, and estimates
· Formally present project deliverables to customer project team members including senior executives
· Field questions and deliver training on software functionality from end users
· Create use case strategies, and when necessary, help to create test strategies
· Manage functional scope to reduce project risk
· Manage the expectations of the customer or business partner
- don’t need
superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant discipline. MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 8+ relevant years’ experience with enterprise software projects including utility front / back-office application integration
- Full Project Lifecycle experience, including definition, requirements gathering, configuration and delivery
- Ability to comprehend complex and interdependent business processes
- Experience work with utility billing, customer, and/or operations business process and practices
- Fundamental understanding of Smart Grid technology
- Experience in Siemens EnergyIP, DEOP (Distributed Energy Optimization), DERMS (Distributed Energy Resource Management System), DRMS (Demand Response Management System) with a focus towards solutioning, business requirements definitions, workshops, sales support.
- Experience in business process analysis and data modeling
- Understanding of Java web applications server technology specifically integration technologies including JMS / Web Services / Rest / SOAP / XML
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of customers, partners, and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to architect and deliver solutions with minimal supervision
Knowledge / Competencies:
- Familiarity with Smart Grid initiatives and regulation in APAC
- Experience in AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure), Meter Data Management Systems, Demand Response systems and Distributed Energy space with a focus towards solutioning, business requirements definitions, workshops, sales support
- Experience with utilities enterprise systems such as GIS, DMS, and OMS
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus
- Systems integration experience is a plus
- Web technology deployment, configuration and administration background is a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time