Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
In this role, you will be required to: work with 600V to 25KV equipment within the Electrical Services division, as well as support our Building Automation Division low voltage automation control installs; perform maintenance work at the customer’s site to make sure the systems are properly maintained and functioning correctly. You will also handle emergency service calls as directed during the day and outside of business hours. Furthermore, you will play a key role in providing support to our Sales team in assessing opportunities and participating in the estimation process.
- Responsible for performing installation, maintenance, and repair of / in the field:
- Managing and coordinating service and construction projects according to turnaround times and budget constraints.
- Ensuring that all necessary documents (work reports, timesheets, expense reports, protocols, etc.) are forwarded quickly and recorded on time.
- Answering customer service calls (on-site and remote emergencies), verifying indicator alerts, analyzing system requirements, verifying and testing system components.
- Diagnosing problems and defects, identifying the required corrective measures and repairing systems.
- Performing preventive maintenance and diagnostics on systems and components.
- Testing and verifying system conditions to ensure optimal performance.
- Participating in the final on-site review.
- Working with the department supervisor to plan the work schedule three to four weeks in advance, as well as scheduling the use of tools, equipment and materials where needed.
- Provide technical support to customers on operational characteristics of their system.
- Ensuring productivity and efficiency levels are obtained according to the established targets.
- Ensuring all overtime corresponds to productive and billable work.
- Completing and submitting service reports covering every aspect of every mandate or activity. Making sure records are maintained for each site and for each contract.
- Notifying the sales representative or department supervisor of any additional activity required.
- Support the Sales team during the bid preparation phase when needed (site walk, risk assessment, cost review, etc.).
- Making sure the required safety and quality standards are met, in accordance with the client’s requirements and the company’s quality assurance procedures and technical guidelines.
What will you need to succeed?
- Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or equivalent combination of training and practical experience
- A valid Journeyman’s Electrician License + High voltage certification; Licensed to work in province of Ontario
- 5 - 10 years of on-site technical experience in electrical services with commercial and Industry Solutions customers
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proven diagnostic skills; ability to systematically identify and solve technical problems
- Proven organizational skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize work, including the ability to delegate effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to self-motivate and remain calm in stressful situations; customer service oriented
- Good computer literacy skills
- Valid driver’s license in good standing is essential
- Asset: Bilingual French / English communication skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.