At Siemens Mobility, Inc., we are committed to an Ownership Culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We utilize lean principles and seek continuous improvement in our processes and customers' experience. The Rail Infrastructure (RI) business unit comprises innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification, and intermodal mobility, apps, and backend systems for intermodal mobility. As a leader in operations, the Plant Manager drives a culture of dedication to safety, health, and the environment. It is ingrained as a core value, achieving extraordinary performance supporting highly efficient production facilities within a region.
You will lead all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Rail Infrastructure (RI) facilities in our two mid-west locations, Marion and Louisville, Kentucky. You will delegate responsibility and work through the critical managers in production while interfacing and partnering with Product Management, Quality, Finance, Sales, Procurement, Research and Development, Human Resources and Environment, Health, and Safety to ensure business objectives align. This position will find opportunities for operational excellence and sitewide engagement in related projects and drive the lean methodology utilizing required operating procedures, standardized work instructions, and job safety analysis.
- Trailblazer & Strategist – Drive operations leadership that demonstrates a dedication to plant goals. Develop a multi-year strategic vision for Marion and Louisville that aligns with the overall RI Operations growth plan.
- Partner with Sales to provide quoting and new business development activities (pricing, program management, plant capacity, etc.). Accountable for operational expenses with the expectation of delivering on-budget targets. Advise the utilization of the Company's KPIs to optimally track, monitor, and implement required improvement activities related to the plant locations' business plan, goals, and issues.
- Facilitate, coach, counsel, and guide production management, continuously delivering results year after year.
- Compliance Chief – Embody a safety mentality and advance the safety culture at sites while demonstrating industry standard methodologies and financial analysis to recommend solutions to enhance operations performance while improving cost position.
- Drive process excellence in every step of the production process driving continuous improvement to all site metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Cost, and People).
- Change Champion– Be a futurist and create the latest developments in competitive technology, EH&S, and team development. Promote Ownership Culture - Educate, develop, and empower a production workgroup to achieve required production results.
Responsibilities and Specific Requirements:
- Ensuring the safety of the workforce, vendors, and customers
- Ensuring diversity, inclusion, and involvement
- Ensuring that the factory is best-in-class and follows all regulations concerning Safety & Quality
- Ensuring excellent customer satisfaction by providing products & services from the factory on time and with the highest quality
- Achieving the proper cost position in the factory through:
- Performance management
- Efficient inventory turns
- Minimal non-conformance costs
- High utilization, efficiency & productivity
- Controlling budget & expenses/spending
- Excellent employee/labor relations
- Assessing the strength and opportunities of the day-to-day operations and being able to develop appropriate strategies to transform into World-Class Operations
- Having a continuous improvement approach
- Having results & quality orientation, along with being a champion for change management
- Building a solid team in Operations – with good bench-strength
- Developing & mentoring the Operations Management/Leadership team to tackle new and more significant challenges in Operations
- Being able to communicate to shop-floor employees, customers & executives, both written and verbal
- Acts as advisor troubleshooting and resolving sophisticated problems within multi-departments and cross-functional areas.
- Experience with supplier management
- Excellent understanding of budgeting and business financial planning
- Strong leadership skills with involvement in turnaround situations and experience in leading change
- Management experience in a union environment (preferred but not required)
Bachelor's Degree is required. Advanced Degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- About 10-%15% travel required, visiting customers, suppliers, or partners at HQ
- SAP, Excel, Access, VSM, RCA, FMEA, and other Lean/Quality Tools
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successfully proven Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Experience in the rail industry, products, and equipment is preferred
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Plant Manager, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.