Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2022 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work in a part-time capacity from January to May, with the opportunity to continue on full-time during the summer
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Software Development Intern
As a student in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects in this organization will build off each other. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, prototypes for new releases, automated tests, test results analysis, etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
- Create interfaces for data exchange products related to virtual and augmented reality
- Build translation services to be deployed on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Partner with senior design engineers to develop, modify, and implement software programs
- Research and develop innovative algorithms to confront business challenges
- Create documentation from independent research findings
- Push the limits of our current software portfolios to expand our business into new areas
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Robust coding skills in C++
- Strong technical documentation abilities
- Rapidly learn new development languages and coding techniques
- Knowledgeable in object oriented programming
- Understand the concept of class and inheritance
- Sharp and tenacious trouble shooting skills
- Unwaveringly passionate about solving technical challenges
- Creative, fast learner
- Independent thinker and self-motivated researcher
- Adaptable to new tasks with little lead time
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.