Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of product lifecycle management; from computer aided design, to 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2022 Strategic Student Program. Our intern and co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Available to work in a part-time capacity (10-25 hours / week) and full-time in summer 2022
- Preferred junior or senior status
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Software Engineer Intern
Our NX CAM business unit, is developing the next generation of Manufacturing solutions. As a part of executing this vision, we are building automated toolpath generation systems that help our customers intuitively machine parts. We are also working on improving the usability of the NX CAM software. NX CAM Toolpath generation software is used to drive CNC (Computer Numeric Control) machines.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven intern to help support our automation, tool path generation and architectural initiatives and develop prototypes. You will be working in a lean-agile environment.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design, develop, modify and maintain the NX CAM Software
- Conduct research, design, prototype, and other exploration activities, as necessary
- Create and test the constituents of the features
- Test the solutions being created and/or evolved
- Collaborate with and support the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance tests
- Estimate the size and complexity of work
- Use pairing and other practices for frequent review
- Build Quality into all work/activities
- Continuously communicate/share to align expectations and to support a transparent and safe environment
- When coding, design and implementation best practices should be used to build high-quality components and solutions
- Equal to all others in the team, such that everyone’s voice is heard.
- Self-organizing to benefit from the expertise within the team, whilst sharing/spreading that knowledge for the future benefit of the team
- Own, with the rest of the team, how the work gets done
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Experience in C/C++ programming, preferably in the Microsoft Visual Studio environment
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship from the company
- Majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Strong oral and written communications skills
You get high fives if:
- You have experience working with CAD/CAM software (preferably NX)
- You have experience working effectively and collaborating in a diverse team
- You have Software development experience in agile environments (preferably SAFe)
- You have experience writing multi-threaded code
- You have a working knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- You have development experience in Python or HTML and CSS
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.