Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2022 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Able to work in a part-time capacity from January - May, with the potential to continue working full-time in the summer
- Preferred sophomore or junior standing
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Software Engineer Intern
Our NX Additive business unit, is developing advanced solutions for driving machines and robots in printing parts in 2.5 (planar), 5-axis, 6-7axis for robotic motion. Adopted across many industries, NX Additive software delivers proven capabilities for manufacturing in the aerospace, automotive, medical device, mold and die, and machinery industries. We tackle the challenges with 5-axis machine and robotic motion with a continuous drive for excellence and customer success. Our Troy MI based office plays a critical role in our R&D software strategy.
You will be a member of the 5x Additive team within Digital Industry/Manufacturing Unit of the Siemens PL, responsible for the development of multi axis tool path generation inside of NX 5x Additive application. You will be tasked with the implementation of components of this application working with our lean-agile development environment.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design, develop, modify/maintain and implement functionality
- Conduct research, design, prototype, and other exploration activities, as necessary
- Create and test the constituents of the features
- Test the solutions being created and/or evolved
- Collaborate with and support the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance tests
- Estimate the size and complexity of work
- Use pairing and other practices for frequent review
- Build Quality into all work/activities
- Continuously communicate/share to align expectations and to support a transparent and safe environment
- When coding, design and implementation best practices should be used to build high-quality components and solutions
- Equal to all others in the team, such that everyone’s voice is heard.
- Self-organizing to benefit from the expertise within the team, whilst sharing/spreading that knowledge for the future benefit of the team
- Own, with the rest of the team, how the work gets done
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Experience in C/C++ programming, preferably in the Microsoft Visual Studio environment
- Majoring in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or other related field.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
You get high fives if:
- You have experience in 3D geometrical algorithms or robust mathematical solutions & architecture
- You have experience working with software used to print parts.
- You have experience working with CAD/CAM software (preferably NX)
- You have experience working effectively and collaborating in a diverse team
- You have Software development experience in agile environments (preferably SAFe)
- You have experience writing multi-threaded code
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.