Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Calibre (D2S)- SEMI Interfaces team in Cairo, Egypt.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will participate in designing and implementing front end software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements. You will also be working on designing back-end software with interactive architectures.Main Responsibilities
- Analyzing problems and locate bottlenecks and propose a range of viable solutions.
- Build software with architectures that support interactivity.
- Writing functional specifications and design documentation.
- Collaborating with other developers as needed to manage interdependencies of project tasks, product and flow integration issues.
- Participating in reviews and/or inspections of, designs, specifications, and code.
- Participating in project planning and tracking - task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation, as well as keeping project team members, adjacent teams, QA teams, Customer Support and Marketing informed of project risks and status.
- Working with Marketing to understand and support customer needs and requirements.
- Working with QA to meet the quality requirements needed for the products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- 0-5 years of experience.
- Experience with S/W programming using C++.
- Highly proficient in UX standards and Visualization techniques.
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Strong skills in design patterns and S/W design.
- Knowledge in Agile process using Jira, Git and Gitlab, C++11/14, boost, QT, TCL and Python is a huge PLUS!
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
We're looking for both fresh graduates and senior engineers.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time