Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings, and industries, enhancing the way people live and work and significantly improving efficiency and sustainability. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that both intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers achieve their business goals.
Our goal: become the leader in the Smart Infrastructure market…In order to deliver on aspiration, the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division has set a program to improve the overall competitiveness by identifying use cases that go beyond base productivity improvements. The program is set up in 3 modules focusing on short- and long-term lean structures, optimization of product business and the enhancement of the systems, solution and service business throughout the whole value chain.
At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the digital transition of companies from Portugal to the world. There are more than 1200 professionals working in Cybersecurity, Analytics Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Infrastructure Management. Check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
We are a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a groundbreaking role.
Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society? Join us!
What role will you play?
We are seeking an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to support us in identifying value through data. The team is part of the Competitiveness program reporting directly to the global division management and interacts with various business units, corporate units in cross-organizational projects around the world. Each project aims to improve the overall division profitability supported by cutting-edge advanced analytics use cases. This is targeted by applying state of the art predictive analytics methods on big data from various sources (e.g. procurement, customer, sales, manufacturing data…). The team implements the use cases in close collaboration with subject matter experts and big data IT experts. The ultimate common goal of all these projects is to transform the entire business of Smart Infrastructure to become more profitable
- Be part of a team that is responsible for realizing end-to-end advanced analytics solutions tailor-made to meet specific business requirements.
- Contribute to every aspect of the data science life cycle pertaining to data acquisition, predictive modelling, validation, deployment, and monitoring.
- Responsible for architecture design, development of data or machine learning pipelines and integration into business processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams spanning data science, data engineering, IT, and product management to deploy and integrate your solutions.
- Collaborate continuously with subject matter experts from the Business Units and team members from the Smart Infrastructure Competitiveness Program to utilize good business understanding and to enable business to understand and use your results as input for identifying additional productivity
We are looking for:
- At least 5 years of professional experience within Siemens, a related industry, or a global strategy / IT consulting firm.
- A strong academic history (Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields).
- Proficiency in data science: Data mining, machine learning, predictive modelling etc.
- Advanced knowledge of coding in Python and/or R.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and MLOps automation.
- Experience with ML computing on cloud platforms - preferably AWS.
- Experience with automating or scaling up at least one step of the ML Lifecyle (training, evaluation, deployment, …) in a production setting.
- The ability to communicate software engineering concepts to a wider audience both technical and non-technical.
- A strong growth mindset and a passion for solving complex technical problems irrespective of technology/language/tools.
- Fluency in English.
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time