The Inspector-Tester position will be performing final inspection duties on products such as Low and Medium Voltage Electrical Distribution Equipment such as LV Motor Control Centers, MV breakers, MV switchgear and Motor Control Centers, DC Electrical Vehicle Chargers and Solar Inverters This is a Final Inspection position on the assembly lines.
- Perform final inspection (electro-mechanical) duties on units for above products
- Inspect each product to company Quality Standards and given guidelines.
- Conduct nondestructive test on equipment to given specifications and drawings.
- Troubleshoot equipment failure and implement corrective action.
- Prepare and maintain inspection and quality reports.
- Work with Engineering and Wirers in a professional manner during test and or reporting of findings.
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- 1+ years experience in test & troubleshooting on similar electrical equipment
- Strong Analytical skills to perform point to point or sequence of operation checks.
- Must have inspection and/or test experience working on various types of electrical distribution equipment such as those mentioned above.
- Experience working with various types of test equipment and have knowledge to conduct Hi-pot tests safely.
- Must have the ability to read and work with schematic drawings/layouts/wire lists, to include circuit troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of proper stripping and crimping techniques
- Must have the ability to work with large power cables including correct method of crimping connectors.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be a strong team player
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What additional experience with be beneficial for this role?
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of prior work experience in inspection & testing on similar electrical equipment
- Residential or commercial electrical education or certifications
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.