Siemens Mobility is pioneering the future of travel. Our purpose is reinventing, refining and revolutionising how people move throughout smarter urban environments and across a more sustainable world. From advanced engineering projects to pushing limits of data and machine learning, we’re changing the global landscape.
You can move with us. Our dynamic career paths are designed for ambitious individuals to discover, develop and achieve more. We ask you to do your best to improve society with us, and in return we promise opportunities to progress in a company where the professionals are at the top of their game. Because the sharing culture, learning resources and scale of our projects will take you to an even higher level than you’re operating at now.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our Rolling Stock business based in either Crawley or Northampton on a fixed term contract for 12 months. You will be responsible for the management of project accounts, enabling effective cost control and ensuring the provision of key management information to the project team. Performing all accounting activities including account reconciliation and preparation of journal entries and advice, and partner with management of the project to drive financial performance against business and project goals.
Siemens have adopted the “new normal” working hours and working from home is possible however travel to our offices in Northampton or Crawley will be needed at least 2 to 3 times per week.
This is your role – what part will you play?
- Overall responsibilities of all elements of costs in the projects have been booked correctly
- Analyse costs against budget and forecast on a monthly basis and seek explanation from the respective managers for variation
- Prepare variance analysis reports
- Billing responsibility
- Ensure Suppliers invoices are booked and accrued correctly every month
- Preparation of Application for payments
- Workflow & GRIR – Review and clearance of aged items
- Internal controls – ICFR controls Management
- Update and price Additional Services log and Variation order logs
- Assisting Commercial Managers in forecasting
- Collate, analyse and report financial and operational information in an accurate, timely and consistent manner to support the business decision making process, in particular budgeting, forecasting and actual reporting
- Ensure production of timely accurate information for customers and suppliers, including billing, query resolution and payments workflow to reduce debt and improve/maintain customer satisfaction
- Ensure best in class management accounting financial processes and procedures by continually developing and maintaining the business unit financial infrastructure
- Ensure a good corporation with Headquarters, provide the necessary accurate information
- Support the commercial managers in the preparation of business review meetings
- Ensure statutory and management information complies and reconciles to conform to Company policy
- Provision of financial support to Risk Manager to identify, quantify and mitigate operational risk
- Provide costing and financial modelling support to business are for the achievement of operational objectives and business growth
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Qualified AAT, Part qualified CIMA/ACCA and or qualified by experience
- Willingness to travel between sites (overnight stay likely)
- Demonstrate relevant accounting and financial experience
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding and interpretation of key financial statements
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly committed to work with positive outlook
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-disciplined with strong time management ability
- Diligent with good attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible and proactive approach to work
- Extremely well organized with ability to prioritise
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Good working knowledge of SAP desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time