Siemens SI EP NA Lean Office Manager- Systems has primary responsibility to drive the organization towards a sustainable lean culture, being recognized as the face of Lean manufacturing through demonstrated actions and results.
This person executes and inspires others to identify and find better ways of work and is responsible for driving process excellence throughout the North America Systems factories, with focus on Quality, Safety, Lean, Six Sigma, and general operations; promoting the use of Lean tools. This role further supports the Systems factories by supporting and developing an operational model, with the result of creating synergy among the facilities. The individual in this role will establish and ensure world class process standards across the operational landscape and drive problem resolution around instances that are not aligned with established standards. In this critical position, they will collaborate with business unit leads, functional heads, and global experts in order to influence and effect continuous improvement and process standards. This professional will have opportunity to implement functionally focused strategy and driving related policies and guidelines across Siemens SI EP, with a balance between strategic and tactical considerations.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations – Systems.
What you will be doing:
- Drive alignment on strategy, guidelines and procedures related to operational Excellence for Siemens or the respective business.
- Drive Strategies and tactics for Lean Culture.
- Support regional plants and global facilities successfully utilizing OPEX tools and directly support plant performance improvements.
- Lead project managers or teams of lean professionals in the region.
- Plan and initiates benchmarking activities and (self-) assessments of organizational unit's operational performance.
- Support the attainment of Policy Deployment metrics in regional plants and improvement targets together with management and functions.
- Ensure cross functional implementation of SPS@PL operating model or similar and tools and drives best practice transfer and lessons learned among the locations in the region.
- Lead project specific task force (s) directed at addressing specific problems or operational incidents/situations that are not aligned to established standards or expectations.
- Actively ensure that all global OPEX programs and standardizations are successfully implemented in each plant.
- Mentor and train regional and plant Staff, Supervisors and others to successfully understand and utilize OPEX concepts such as Lean, Six Sigma, Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean Belt, High Performance Teams, Policy Deployment, etc.
- Drive Cost Reduction Projects in regional plants and global facilities to ensure the plant performance improvement targets are successfully attained
- Be an active promoter in High Performance Teams in regional plants and global facilities to ensure the plant performance improvement targets are successfully attained.
- Act as an advisor, as requested, to support the Upper Management Staff with objectives of all business units.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of comprehensive (deep and broad) expertise in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
- Systematic use of know-how to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrable high professional judgment and competence.
- Individual in role must be capable of changing existing ways and approaches where necessary and act as an innovative idea generator for new and practical solutions.
- Ability of influencing peers and others to achieve impact on results in larger organization.
- Well established in external and internal networks within field of expertise.
- Proactively shares knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow-know-how base and supports a learning organization.
- Availability to travel at least 50% to 70% of the time.
What will set you ahead of the pack:
- Experience, expertise and or certification on Total Productive Maintenance.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified.
- Experience and education in public speaking.
- Training and or education on accounting and finance.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.