Are you seeking an innovative organization, the creators of FIN Framework (FIN), a state-of-the-art open framework for building automation and building-related IoT applications that run on embedded controls, servers, and the cloud?
If so, this is the career opportunity for you!
Joining the core software development team at J2 Innovation will allow you to be a part of our growing organization and be hands-on in exciting and innovative projects, including modernizing our current platform and building a new progressive, industry-changing platform.
As a Sr. SDE, you’ll work in a collaborative and agile environment with software team members, managers, product owners, and stakeholders. You’ll be crucial for identifying the system architecture, core framework design, and development of the FIN backend modules and services.
Successful candidates will actively focus on crafting and implementing the platform's core engine that is optimized to functioning optimally on an embedded device. Additionally, they will work on implementing high-level services and modules. They should also be detail-oriented, strive for perfection, and are excited by working in high-performance teams that value innovation, collaboration, timely deliverables, continuous process improvement, and team success.Responsibilities
- Design and implement low level embedded services using RUST and craft and implement inter-connectivity procedures between modules and extensions.
- Actively look for ways to improve the efficiency of the core services especially on embedded devices
- Build restful services using TypeScript
- Provide technical mentorship to team members
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Experience in development using RUST
- Experience in building services using TypeScript.
- Familiarity with V8/Node development.
- Worked on implementation of distributed architecture solutions is a plus.
- Experience with event-driven development is a plus
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Worked on software projects that used agile methodologies.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We offer: A competitive Salary, bonus, generous paid time off, company paid holidays, a comprehensive health/life/vision & dental plan, a matching 401K plan and company profit sharing.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: J2 Innovations, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.