Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team at Siemens Healthineers IT CoE team as Power BI Professional
The Power BI Professional is part of the
Center of Excellence for Business Intelligence Front-End Tools at Siemens
Healthineers IT. The CoE’s prime goal is to support the organization globally
in all areas of Power BI, Qlik Sense, and other tools by providing training,
guidance, consulting, development, and application management to drive
self-service analytics and digitalization.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
· You will work with internal customers to formulate the requirements for their analytical problems (focus on Power BI development) and providing them with implementation support as part of projects or change requests
· You will provide guidance, consulting, and training to internal customers in their self-service analytics journey
· You will coordinate the implementation, ensuring compliance with process-related, functional and technical specifications and fulfillment of all quality-related requirements, such as documentation, in IT-developed Power BI solutions
· You will assist the Power BI service owner in managing and administrating the global Power BI platform
· You will pro-actively improve existing and develop new services within the CoE’s area of responsibility
Your qualifications and experience:
· You have a master's degree in computer science, medical information technology, mathematics, or business information technology
· We would also welcome applications from candidates who hold a bachelor's degree or have completed a vocational training course and further training with additional professional experience in these areas
· You have several years of experience in Power BI with in-depth knowledge about:
· Data extraction from various data sources (like Snowflake, Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, M365)
· Data transformation and performance optimized modelling
· Data visualization using best practices with high end-user focus
· Application of complex authorization rules
· DAX and M-Query scripting
· Management of the Power BI SaaS infrastructure, including data gateways
· You have several years of experience working in IT in cross-functional teams
· You have some experience in advanced analytics areas (R or Python)
· You have some experience with other business intelligence tools (like Qlik Sense or Celonis)
Your attributes and skills:
· You are exactly the right person for this position if you combine technical knowledge with strong communication skills and enjoy developing new solutions with and for our Siemens Healthineers business
· You can closely liaise with business users and business analysts to understand their needs to find and develop technical BI solutions.
· You are confident in challenging requirements from business users when appropriate to achieve the best possible results, i.e. ability to consult and provide advice
· You have a strong analytical mindset for solving problems as well as good people skills and the ability to motivate colleagues in implementing solutions
· Your business-fluent English enables you to collaborate and communicate with colleagues in an international environment.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.