Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Customer Service Engineer II based in Sunnyvale, California.
The Automation Customer Service Engineer II is a site-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies automation equipment at customer sites. This highly visible role is a critical component to our holistic approach in solving our customer’s most difficult problems. Specialized training will be provided in order to ensure quality in the work performed.
The Automation Customer Service Engineer II in most cases will report to an onsite manager. The majority of Automation Customer Service Engineers will report to the same facility each day. However, there will be times when work is required at other customer locations in support of the region.
The ideal candidate will have some automation tracking experience in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Provide service, preventative maintenance, modifications, and installations on Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics automation systems at customer site with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot system failures and provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs.
- Provide adequate training of operators to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
- Manage company assets including, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
- Establish and foster positive business relationships with customers and peers.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, recording of time worked, training, expense reports, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback to customers and manager in regard to equipment repair status.
- Interfacing regularly with the technical support center in order to provide the highest level of customer care.
- Perform other service work as needed in support of the broader region and customer base.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or similar engineering program preferred. Equivalent military training is preferred
- Generally, 8+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience servicing factory automation systems and/ or robotic systems and/or prior experience in diagnostics laboratories and relative instruments strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Proved track record of strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customers, peers, internal support center employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to utilize a computer and computer-based tools for reports, emails, and general communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally at times for training.
- Willingness and ability to work different shifts, on-call, nights, and weekends in case of need.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel and provide service as needed for assigned area as well as other areas as needed.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.