Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Product Engineer – FPGA Prototype
Job Reference #: 269116
Job Location: Fremont, CA
The Product Engineer is responsible for deployment of Siemens FPGA prototyping software and hardware solutions at early customers and guide the customers to successful design bring-up. In this role you will work closely with R&D to solve problems and find good, general solutions that improve the overall product.
- Ensure existing customers maximize the value they receive from the solution by developing and enhancing methodology that exploits the solution’s capabilities.
- Work with QA and Docs to help them create tests and documentation that will improve our solutionsCreate and release examples and tutorials that are shipped with our products.
- Develop and/or refine methodology employed in creating and using prototypes and maximizing the value of our prototyping solutionInterfaces with customer engineers and managers to develop or enhance complex computer-aided engineering design or manufacturing processes, uses complex design and tooling tasks involving multiple design environments.
- Cogently communicates software problems to product development. Assists other engineers in the design, development, and implementation of large scale, complex graphical application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms.
- Provides business and technical feedback to software and hardware vendors. Uses advanced data exchange methodologies to facilitate effective data sharing between dissimilar systems or applications that span across engineering disciplines.
- Guides and train Applications Engineers. Works with general supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and discretion. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency
- 10 or more years in design, verification, simulation, emulation and prototyping of electronics chips and systems.
- BS or MS in EE, CE, CS or related areas.
- Experience with FPGA design, FPGA tools and STA.
- Experience with FPGA based Prototyping hardware and softwareExperience in hardware designSystemVerilog, Verilog and VHDL RTL design experience.
- Verification experience with SystemVerilog, SystemC and/or C/C++Debug of RTL designs and simulation.
- Proficient in scripting languages used today (e.g., Perl, Python, various shell scripts/Makefiles, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with emulation.
- Competitive personality driven to win, ethically, in competitive business situationsGood communication and inter-personal skillsAbility to create and deliver product demos, live via internet or recorded.
- Ability to create and deliver product presentations focused on functionality and value differentiationAbility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Travel to customer meetings as well as visits to otherSiemens R&D sites.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.