At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens EDA – A Siemens Business, is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software solutions that help engineers around the world design and manufacture new and highly innovative electronic products. Each year, our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver smaller, faster and more reliable products that run the world’s high tech devices.Position Overview
We are looking for a highly motivated software quality engineer to join the Calibre Design for Manufacturability (DFM) team, ensuring that our EDA software product remains the best in the industry. DFM is about developing closer associations between the design world and the manufacturing world. The goal is to help layout design engineers choose strategies that result in more manufacturable (higher yielding) layout configurations. Calibre YieldAnalyzer and YieldEnhancer provide a set of Standard Verification Rule Format (SVRF) statements and operations you can use to develop DFM rule files that use the same tools and processes that designers already use for standard Design Rules Checking (DRC).Responsibilities
You will be part of a team responsible for testing, debugging and qualifying software releases and updates. Quality assurance responsibilities include:
- Involved in the design, development, and execution of functional and regression tests used to measure correctness, robustness, performance, and overall quality.
- Collaborate with senior software engineers, quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customer support professionals to help deliver timely product releases that meet our customer’s needs.
- Provide all partners with appropriate regression reports in a timely manner.
- Encouraged to take advantage of opportunities provided to improve technical and job related skills; such as developing additional product breadth and business skills!
- Use your leadership and innovation, to develop procedures and tools needed to improve the QA process and assist developers in making design trade-offs and risk analysis assessments.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Technical degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes and experience with maintaining regression test suites.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Possess a positive, can-do demeanor and capable of balancing multiple QA projects effectively and simultaneously.
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Perl, Tcl, etc.)
- Exposure to EDA verification tools like Calibre DRC
- Experience developing or testing products which were written in an object oriented language
- Basic knowledge of IC manufacturing process flows
- Experience with Calibre SVRF for DRC is a strong plus
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're passionate about the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
For Colorado applicants: Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com
The base salary range for this position is $73,600 to $132,500 and the annual incentive target is 3% of base salary. This role is also eligible for Siemens Flexible Vacation Plan.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.