An Application Support Engineer for this position is a member of a global team of engineers that provide daily technical support to our Polarion customer base.
This job includes Day-to-day communication with customers and internal departments ( Development, R&D, Professional Services, Sales, etc) via phone or e-mail to answer questions, collect information to assist customers in the use of our software as well as resolve any issue reported by them.
- Under minimal direction or supervision, you should be able to analyze a customer’s problem and provide them a solution or workaround in a timely manner via desktop sharing, telephone and e-mail. As part of a team of technical support professionals sometimes you will perform these activities in coordination with your colleagues.
- When working with Development to identify and correct software defects you should provide explicit examples and detailed steps to reproduce any issue that needs to be fixed.
- A very important part of your job as an Application Support Engineer is to proactively develop detailed and precise technical articles for publications, newsletters and online customer self-help tools such as troubleshooting and usage optimization procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Fluent English Speaking is required.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer care skills.
- Have at least 1 year of practical experience in tech support, QA or development.
- Strong logical, analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to find non-conventional solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Have a systematic way to solve problems.
- Accurate writing skills for records keeping.
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Working experience with web applications and technologies, client-server architecture.
- Experience of server administration, and operating systems (Windows, Linux) configuration
- Good knowledge of Subversion, Apache, LDAP/AD, PostgreSQL.
- Working experience with Java, J2EE, Java Script, HTML, CSS, XML.
- Good understanding & knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management processes or experience working with Application Lifecycle Management or Requirements Management or Test Management applications (IBM Rational Doors, IBM Rational RTC, Jira, GIT, PTC MKS Integrity, Jama Contour, Cognition Cockpit, Codebeamer, Blueprint Software, HP ALM, and Microsoft TFS).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time