Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer - Digital Factory for our Pomona, CA factory. Does the IoT intrigue you? Do you dream about a World that becomes virtual? Siemens is looking for people like you. Are you ready for the challenge?
Siemens Industry is looking for a Digital Manufacturing Engineer for our Pomona, CA factory. Our growing facility has one hundred and thirty employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly, and test. The Digital Manufacturing Engineer designs and improves manufacturing systems at the mechanical, electrical, and software levels. The position's focus is not just on physical manufacturing systems; it includes the enablement (sensing and acquisition) and use of data (analytics) around manufacturing systems to drive increases in productivity, product quality, and business feedback. This position will provide process and equipment support for various areas of the operation and lead continuous improvement and innovation projects. The ideal candidate has experience in manufacturing mixed with a strong skillset in data analysis and information technology.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Design, plan and improve manufacturing operations, processes, and systems to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory performance expectations.
- Support the evaluation and management of software applications and functionality available across manufacturing systems.
- Implement tools, such as Digital Work Instructions, Computer Aided Process Planning, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools.
- Support the instrumentation, control, connectivity, and analytic solutions around manufacturing equipment and operational assets.
- Lead initiatives to reduce production errors and improve product quality across manufacturing systems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. or greater in a related engineering discipline.
- 5 years’ experience with metal fabrication machinery and/or assembly process in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis along with statistical analysis.
- Experience with an MRP system.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change to improve results.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- LEAN or 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt.
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems.
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
- Experience with machine tools and/or automation.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.