With around 2,400 employees, the Technology (T) central department, together with the business units, secures the future of the Siemens Group. T conducts research with internal and external partners such as universities and research institutes on future technologies. Core of the work is the transfer of research results into current and future product developments via prototypical implementation and technology consulting for the software development departments of various business units of Siemens AG and its subsidiaries. To support our international team, we are looking for people who enjoy solving exciting tasks and working on their own initiative for the joint success of the project. With us you will be able to pursue your own ideas and have the opportunity to bring the science of tomorrow into the industry of today. We are looking for people who can already do a lot but want to learn much more and are willing to have fun with us while doing so.
Change the world of tomorrow with us.
- You will develop innovative software architectures for decentralized digitization applications in the various business units of Siemens.
- In doing so, you identify relevant trends in these areas, make them available to others and intensively promote their development, e.g. through proof-of-concepts or project support.
- You will advise the Siemens business units on the architectural design of systems, as well as on the use of modern software technologies such as blockchain and DevOps.
- The active transfer of knowledge to colleagues in the Research Group and the Siemens divisions rounds off your field of responsibilities.
- The basis of your success is a successfully completed master's degree in computer science or software engineering.
- You have already been responsible for architectural decisions, have consciously entered into trade-offs and have taken over initial technical management responsibilities.
- You have knowledge and experience on topics related to blockchain: e.B. Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, BFT, consensus algorithms and distributed systems in general.
- You have already gained experience with different architectural styles, e.B event-driven architectures, as well as the associated technologies, e.B. Kafka.
- You have excellent software development experience and are comfortable in implementation languages like nodeJs, Java. You will be creating POCs and MVPs based on designed architecture.
- Modern software development methods such as DevOps, test-driven, agile approach, are already part of your DNA.
- You have knowledge and experience on topics related to container architectures: e.B. Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices.
- Ideally, experience in the IoT/industrial environment complements your IT skills.
- In addition, you have experience with the design and implementation of cloud-based decentralized architectures.
- You are not afraid to present results and suggestions you have developed to a larger audience.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time