Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced IT Technical Architect to join our Laboratory Diagnostics (LD) team.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
The IT Technical Architect is responsible for the design structure of Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics IT systems and to oversee projects to ensure the tendered architecture is implemented.
In this role, you should be able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. These complex requirements should be defined as work package deliverables which both the customer and internal stakeholders sign off.
Your goal will be to ensure our internal IT framework operates properly and can be supported by IT Specialists within the Customer Services team.
- Understand the IT Solution needs of the Lab Diagnostics (LD) customer defined through the sales cycle in order to define the IT Solution specifications.
- On the basis of the IT statement of works (SOW), plan and define the structure and deliverables as work packages of the IT solution
- Communicate the IT SOW work packages to all internal and external stakeholders for agreement and sign off.
- Ensure that work package deliverables achieve the workflow requirements defined by Healthcare Consulting Solution team and IT Product Manager through the tender cycle.
- Create IT Project plans in conjunction with the Project manager with input from internal and external stakeholders when required. Define and deliver a process for IT solution change control during the project implementation.
- Define and manage the deployment of LD IT Solution Applications into Hospital ICT virtual environments when defined within the IT Solution Specifications and SOW. Clearly define the responsibilities of Siemens and the ICT department
- Work with the Informatics Specialists team to plan resources allocation for ongoing projects and outstanding works which are contracted.
- Regular communication with the LD organisation and IT Specialists to review the status of IT in the existing LD Managed Service Sites to evaluate opportunities to refine or enhance the IT solution deployed.
- To research and investigate new IT tools/hardware for use within the Solution Implementation and IT Specialist Teams
- Define IT Hardware solution requirements for LD customers and provide external suppliers specifications in order that the most cost effective solution is provided.
Skills & Experience:
- Technical experience in a clinical laboratory environment, hospital networks and virtualised environments
- Experience of delivering complex IT solutions across networks
- Software application knowledge, with an understanding of programming languages and middleware application experience
- IT Networking, Virtualisation and Process skills
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time