Overview of Engineering Development Program (EDP):
Division Representation: Siemens Mobility Inc. – Rail Automation
Are you ready to be a part of our US based Rail Automation engineering group focused on products, solutions and services that keep industries growing and people moving?
Siemens Mobility EDP prepares professionals for a successful career in railway Signaling and control systems Engineering for mass transit and mainline railroads. Through extensive training, program participants will learn engineering methodologies and techniques and gain knowledge of Siemens’ products, technology and culture!
Your responsibilities may include:
- Understanding the rich history of Siemens and the Siemens values.
- Learning about our business units.
- Learning about the current Rail Automation engineering projects and activities.
- Training on a broad range of engineering services and activities to Mass transit and mainline railroads.
- Learning about PTC implementation, wiring verification, field testing and field troubleshooting services and more.
- Establishing internal/external contacts.
- Access to and network with Siemens’ senior decision makers and key leaders.
This instructional and hands-on program is a recipe for a rewarding engineering career with a global market leader. The EDP is a full-time position with benefits and is crafted to build a sustainable career path with Siemens Mobility Inc.
Program Start Date: Summer 2022
We’re looking for people who are inventive — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for Siemens Mobility Inc.’s EDP, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Majors: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- GPA: 3.0 preferred
- Relocation and Travel: Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
As a full-time employee, your benefits will include:
- Competitive Health Care Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Holiday
- Retirement Plan: 401K Matching
- Employer Stock Investment
- Personal and Professional Development training
Here is what an example of a possible rotation:
July 2022 – July 2024 (2 years)
Siemens Mobility Inc. - Rail Automation:
Rotation 1: (Pittsburgh, PA) – Wayside Applications engineering/testing
Rotation 2: (Louisville, KY) – New Product Design and Development support
Rotation 3: (Pittsburgh, PA) – Onboard hardware or embedded software design
Rotation 4: (New York, NY) – Communications Based Train Control (CBTC)
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.