The consulting side of the Digital Grid Business Unit, Siemens PTI is seeking an experienced professional with a proven track record who will be responsible for implementation and delivery of leading-edge power market analytics and engineering. This position will drive regional business unit growth in order to achieve corporate targets and will be responsible for consulting projects and portfolio activities.
Typical projects include generation interconnection studies, market analytics studies in the support of Integrated Resource Plan formulation, transmission expansion planning, cost / benefit assessment (e.g. FERC 1000), revenue forecast and risk assessment (curtailment) of existing and new generation projects with emphasis on renewable generation, operational support for market participants with respect of price forecasts and congestion risks, among others.
This position requires great technical management and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives.
This position is integral to the Siemens PTI team, and will require some level of travel, primarily in US. However, other international travel may be required, subject to regional client demands. Additional commitments will be Business Development support for existing and new client development in order to achieve corporate growth targets. This position reports to Siemens PTI office in Houston, TX with remote work option available.
Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of the market analysis tool PROMOD®IV is required and experience with other tools like Aurora, PLEXOS, GridView and GEMAPS is desired. Transmission planning experience and use of transmission analysis tools (e.g. PSS®E, MUST, TARA) is also required for this position. Knowledge of electric power generation facility types, capital costs and trends, operating costs, dispatches, ancillary services and general power system operations are also important for the position, together with general business and financial calculation knowledge, including discounted cashflow analysis, net present value analysis, and internal rate of return evaluations.
This position is responsible for short, mid- to long-term production cost modeling using PROMOD and other system tools, database updates and summarizing and analyzing PROMOD results. The position also requires the use of PSS®E to conduct power system analysis in support of the market studies, generation interconnection studies, or other transmission planning activities of Siemens PTI. Maintain expertise and up-to-date information on regional power markets including ERCOT, WECC, CAISO, MISO, PJM, NYISO, SPP, and ISO-NE, SERC.
- Project execution responsibility of Power Market analysis engagements, as per annual business targets
- Independently manage fast-paced consulting projects ranging from assessments of new generating assets to large-scale research and policy studies, often under tight timelines and budgets
- Strong contributor and often lead our team of market analysts in modeling nodal power markets and the risks of curtailment and congestion
- Build cost-benefits models of power systems
- Manage client engagements and proposal generation functions to deliver power market consulting services, as per Siemens PTI quality standards
- Maintain a 3 year business plan and drive new portfolio development for emerging power market services
- Mentor new consultants in the area of market modeling and simulation as well as quantitative analysis
- Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services
- 5 to 10 years of successful transmission planning, power market analysis, and/or consulting experience
- Demonstrated growth in power markets engineering and/or consulting leadership over career
- Proven track record of leadership performance
- 5 years of technical leadership experience within Energy Sector
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Demonstrated financial acumen from a profit and loss perspective
- Programming skills, e.g. Python
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.