Get started on an exciting career in the electric mobility market!
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Siemens eMobility solutions include AC and DC chargers deployed in all 50 states that range from in-home chargers to depots to charging infrastructure systems that power electrified bus lines in some of the largest cities in the country.
The Managed Services L3 Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the resolution of highest level customer technical issues within the US Siemens eMobility product portfolio. This engineer will act as a lead in the electric vehicle charging infrastructure center of competency. The role will require the ability to analyze both hardware and software logic errors, engage with development engineering leadership, directly interact with end users/customers, and assemble teams that will drive issues to quick resolution.
This position may require field travel and work, to gain the level of competencies required to act as the localized expert for issue resolution. Additionally, this role will be the final escalation path for remote field triage, starting with level one customer call centers and moving through various Siemens technical support escalations. This position will report directly to the Head of Managed Services for Siemens Future Grids, in North America.
As part of a growing business unit, within the overall Siemens Future Grid segment, you will enjoy the excitement of working for a small startup company, while having the support of a large OEM. Come work on a team that is driving change in the electrification of our transportation industry.
- Technical issue resolution for the top 5% of eMobility engineering escalations.
- Engagement with manufacturing, design engineering, supply chain, and team leadership to oversee the total solution for our customers.
- Developing field repair plans and technical papers, to instruct the US field service teams in repair methods and procedures.
- Monthly field issue analytics, as a method for providing product quality feedback to manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Provide timely customer communication, keeping them aware of lead times to issue resolution.
- Ability to interact with customers both on technical level and project level.
- Maintain high levels of product portfolio competency, through engagement with the product line management teams.
- Generate training material for level 1 and level 2 technical support team members (call centers, field technicians, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related electrical trade certifications.
- A minimum 5 years of field experience in power distribution, power electronics, PLC / SCADA devices & programming, UPS systems, or other related industrial electrical equipment diagnostics.
- Experience in electric vehicle charging technologies, in either design or installation services & field diagnostics is a plus.
- Proven experience in managing time and material resources
- Proven experience in managing critical customer relationships and communication
- Firm understanding of industrial communication protocols (Modbus, OCPP, BACnet, and others)
- Demonstrable ability to use a laptop as a diagnostic tool (networking diagnostics, pushing local FW/SW updates, using Siemens platforms to engage with hardware devices, etc)
- Fundamental understanding of NEC standards
* This is a remote position
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.