Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a QC Biochemist 1.
This position includes the handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a QC Biochemist 1, you will be responsible for:
- Accurately assessing testing data to ensure product specifications are met and DHR is compiled in a compliant manner, according to current c-GMP and site SOP’s (Routine record witnessing)
- Initiating and supporting discussions with internal and external key work groups in support of processes to release product (execute timely and appropriate involvement of Technical Operations, support production flow)
- Creating an initial path forward for addressing OOS, and non-compliant DHR’s. ( Initiate re-evaluation forms, retests, initial assessment)
- Problem solving – Has a working knowledge of available tools related to job function. (Incorporate the different databases, applications, personal knowledge, and individual experiences to efficiently support individual resume batch record completion >60% of the time)
- Helping to reach department goals and objectives through collaboration and influence. ( Utilize teamwork/ collaboration with other department members/be influential, in order to help the department reach their goals)
- Initiating and driving process, and/or environment, and/or employee improvements (observe, identify, and communicate ideas to improve the day to day responsibilities and job satisfaction of the entire team)
- Providing guidance and/or training to high performing Technicians and Biochemist new hires as needed
- Training new biochemist for their teams assay list. Include pre-fill and postfill.
- Working to incorporate them into their assay focused team alongside of their team partner. Provide the basics of how to approach troubleshooting.
- Introducing new individuals to their liaison in Technical Operations and helping to set the expectation of when to reach out to Technical Operations for assistance.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- BS degree is one of the following Life Science disciplines: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology; Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Medical Technology
- 3-6 years relevant work experience
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work individually and in team settings
- Must pass a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) background check.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.