- The Image Processing Engineer works with cross-functional product development team and provides technical leadership in:
- Design, integrate, optimize, and test post-processing (including speckle reduction) and 3D rendering algorithms of a premium ultrasound system
- Taking ownership of image quality, from algorithm research and development, system performance verification, engineering and clinical image optimization, and customer support.
- Leading systems-level product development, owning design specifications and verifications that complies with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.) and internal quality management and design control processes.
- Driving innovation and continual improvement of imaging performance all the way from concept generation to prototyping and product implementation.
- Leveraging knowledge and experience to elevate the technical/clinical capabilities of the team; driving collaboration and teamwork in an Agile environment.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Computer Science focused on image processing and rendering research and development; Ph.D. preferred.
- 2~10 years of working experience in medical imaging product development including Ultrasound, MR and CT.
- Strong expertise in image processing and rendering algorithm development
- Demonstrated experience using MATLAB, Python, GPU, C/C++ programming skills
- Demonstrated technical abilities in coordinating development efforts of a highly technical group
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly evolving environment
- Machine learning knowledge is a plus
- Preferred to have expertise in ultrasound physics and acoustics, but not required
- Willing to travel up to 10%
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.