We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Our Supplier Quality department is looking for a colleague to ensure and improve the quality of supplied products in the mechanical and electromechanical sector within the Building Products Business Unit. You will act as SQM contact person in cross-functional teams and with suppliers during product qualification and contribute to sustainable problem solving.
Your new responsibilities
- Execute effective PPAP processes at Siemens suppliers for the Printed Circuit Boards (PCB & PCBAs), Labelling and Packaging commodities
- Coordinate product qualifications, engineering changes and approvals with suppliers based on specific commodity requirements
- Assure the complaint management process of detected non-conformances, verify root-cause analysis, ScNCCs and communicate with suppliers
- Drive the continuous improvement of internal SQM processes and support new technologies (via digitalization, LEAN/Agile management)
- Conduct supplier assessments and external development projects to improve all supplier quality related weaknesses (on site and remote)
- Support standardized supplier qualification process according to corporate guidelines (ready-for-business)
- Implement the SQM strategy in the assigned commodities
- Maintain successful relationships with suppliers, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory departments
Your skills and experience
- Degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering (University, Swiss FH) or an equivalent technical education
- Up to 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment for mechanical or electromechanical products
- Knowledge of QM systems such as ISO 9001 and QM methods (e.g. 8D, 5-Why’s, Fishbone, PDCA)
- Experience in a quality or supplier quality department would be a plus
- Openness to contribute to digitalization initiatives (e.g. remote audits/assessments)
- Problem-solving and collaborative mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to utilize resources outside the quality area via direct supplier contact
- Business proficient in German and English
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either