As a member of the Project Procurement Team, we are ultimately responsible for all sourcing processes and procuring resources to meet project targets regarding budget, availability, and quality overall 3rd party materials & services needed to win & execute our projects. Here, you will be proactive to ensure that our projects complete on time & within budget.
This role is 70% allocated to support large critical infrastructure Project Procurement, working on innovative solutions including high-speed rail systems. In this role, you will have a significant focus on meeting Buy America project requirements. You will work closely with Local & Global Engineering teams and collaborate with Strategic Procurement teams.
The remaining 30% will support various App Development Projects. Our partner is an app development company passionate about mobility solutions. Their work ranges from ticketing & trip planning solutions to validation & transit benefits.
Project Procurement Manager Responsibilities: Integrates Procurement in the project management process (PM@Siemens) and prioritizes, controls, and supervises all Procurement activities in a project.
- Meet with cross-functional partners and participate in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market information early to optimize supplier selection, internal workflows, and processes.
- Participates in meetings as project core team member to influence early and optimize internal workflows and processes. Analyzes customer inquiries during bid preparation/opportunity management phases and understands the customer's functional needs to include supplier innovations.
- Establish accurate sourcing processes, control of all procurement resources and activities in the project or area of responsibility. Advise all involved to deliver optimum impact for the business (procurement plan, target-costing) and procurement targets to meet budget, availability, and quality requirements. Enact Procurement regulations as per compliance organization standards.
- Analyze project scope of supply, contractual obligations, and end customer's functional needs. Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims, and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid possible damage and exploit savings potential.
- Derive procurement strategies for assigned projects per division procurement strategies. Ensure implementation and identify improvement opportunities to align with strategic procurement targets and overall business strategies.
- Lead contractual and price negotiations and support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields to secure project targets with optimum conditions, e.g., Total Cost of Ownership.
- Ensure that mitigation of procurement risks, changes to the original scope of supply, and potential claims are covered invalid contracts with suppliers. Ensure that required customer contractual obligations are fulfilled by the supplier and covered in a way that mitigates our risk exposure.
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports. Proactively ensure resources availability, status, transparency, and alerting of deviations.
- Establish/apply preferred supplier list, conduct supplier qualifications and project-specific supplier evaluations and supplier development activities - Follow-up with suppliers regarding NCC costs.
- Identify and develop new DBE vendors to support project requirements. In this role, you will have a significant focus on meeting Buy America project requirements. This role works closely with Local & Global Engineering teams and collaborates with Strategic Procurement teams.
- Four-year degree in business, economics, or engineering
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Microsoft Suite and SAP digital literacy required.
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Project Procurement Manager, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.