Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the position of our Business Development Specialist for our Canadian Customers on our Energy Automation Business. The position will be responsible for sales support of our protective relay lines, remote terminal units (RTU) and substation automation solutions, concentrating on protective relay expertise. The position has the responsibility of identifying and qualifying protective relaying and automation solution opportunities during the quotation phase and after sales advanced tech support. The incumbent will be focusing on siemens internal stakeholders to leverage DG EA business (other SI -BU’s) and external customers with special focus on business development in Industry and Infrastructure market verticals in Central Canada/Atlantic and with product technical support and proposal management expertise ; supporting other lead EA -BD’s or customers in all Canadian provinces as need arises.
What will you do?
- Develop/support strategic business plans to grow protective relays (SIPROTEC 5/4 – products /SICAM - System/RR – Reyrolle - Product – protection relay family) and substation automation (SICAM PAS/SCC) in Canadian market
- Drive Pro-active business development and maintain relationships with utilities industries and other market verticals
- Provide technical support for protection and control product portfolio; fully engaged on homologation process for product /system approvals specify siemens products and system with Canadian customers in all verticals
- Prepare bids for local market leading both technical and commercial requirements
- Participate in and influences standards by participating in appropriate industry organizations workshops/conference and events eg: white papers/technical presentations etc.
- Be able to conduct internal training classes (lunch and learns, WebEx for sales teams, etc.) on the Siemens protective relaying offer and potentially other Energy Automation offers
- Identify, Quote and support substation automation opportunities during quotation process; fully engaged to optimize siemens technical selection with Head Quarters on special factor pricing and coordination with 3rd party vendors for commercial optimization of our offers. (Internal and External Customers)
- Coordinates and plans customer visits to Siemens in Canada
- Travels (25-30%) into the field, throughout Canada, to provide technical sales/field support and training to support External/Internal Customers and work in close collaboration with local key account/sales managers as needed
- Demonstrate ability to drive business growth; develop and maintain customer relationships throughout bid phase, project execution as all well after-sales and warranty support
- Work closely with existing regional sales channels partners; identify and execute on adding additional sales partners / channels to increase Siemens’ installed base in the Canadian market
- Commercial conditions and pricing negotiations with both customers and suppliers. Work closely with commercial colleagues to evaluate risk in contractual terms and conditions.
What will you need to succeed?
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with protective relaying and energy substation automation solutions in T&D and Industry market
- Configuration/Testing of Substation Automation Systems & Protection Systems/Trouble shooting as part of Advanced Tech Support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to details and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with customers and colleagues as a subject matter expert
- Able to read and analyze detailed Electrical Schematic Drawings
- Able to realize network topologies and architecture drawings
- Good understanding of communication protocols – IEC61850, Modbus,DNP3,IEC101/3/4, OPC
- Knowledge of Protection Systems – SIPROTEC Relays, DIGSI 4 and DIGSI 5 ; MU; process bus technology and Secondary Distribution Automation Solutions(FSI/FPI)
- Knowledge of Other Protection Systems – GE Relays, SEL Relays
- Knowledge of Power Quality Systems, SICAM PQS, SICAM Q80, SICAM P855
- Good understanding of Substation Environment – Switchgear, Transformers etc.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Energy Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.