Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude, IT skills and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Are you excited to join a rapidly expanding (also smart, fun, driven) team with some challenging goals? Do you want to actively drive digitalization at our customers, merging IT with OT?
Then look to Siemens!
Our division Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way we live and work to significantly improve efficiency and sustainability. Within our Digital Building and Infrastructure team, we focus on enhancing building performance of critical infrastructures through the power of data.
Our Desigo CC solution provides the technology backbone for smart building infrastructure, through an open, powerful and up-to-date platform to increase comfort, efficiency, resilience and safety. On top, we develop solutions in the field of indoor positioning portfolio, remote connectivity of buildings, IoT, cybersecurity and cloud-based services.
Find out more on our Desigo CC solution over here:
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic and driven IT Solution Engineer to reinforce our fantastical team.
So maybe with you?
You will be responsible for the realization of smart buildings at our customers from A to Z. You will be involved in the presales, project execution, and after sales phase of the digitalization projects. You will be actively liaising with technical teams at the customer, serve as technical point of contact during implementation and collaborate intensively with your team members and other internal colleagues (project teams, sales etc.).
This entails the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualization and identification of customer’s IT needs
- Selection of hardware and assisting our technical teams setting up the required components
- Defining of and contributing to the network architecture
- Assisting the project teams in the definition of project scope, IT requirements and objectives, to insure technical feasibility
- Liaising with customer’s technical teams and serve as technical point of contact during implementation
- Assisting the customer after sales with operational and lifecycle questions about the installations: cyber security, patching, updates, migrations, virtualization, etc.
- Contributing to the definition of standards around the IT approach in our projects; servers, network infrastructure, virtualization, backup strategies
- Providing IT related trainings to colleagues and actively sharing ‘lessons learned’
Your ideas count from day one. Thus, you will be encouraged to propose and design solutions.
Curious to know if you’re the colleague we’re looking for? Do you
- Hold a technical bachelor/master's degree in IT, Computer Sciences or automation?
- Describe yourself as an IT all-rounder with min. 5y of experience developing IT infrastructure?
- Have strong affinity with software applications and ICT? Servers, networks, virtualization, software installation, redundancy, backup etc have no secrets for you?
- Sufficiently master the communication protocols BacNET and/or Modbus to quickly link an external data source?
- Have experience with recent evolutions in IT and do you actively follow these up?
- Are stress-resilient, patient and highly customer oriented?
- Are fascinated by technology with a great eye for detail?
- Speak Dutch with a good command of English and professional level of French?
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a great customer focus?
Then we’d like to hear from you!
What will Siemens offer you?
First of all, you will receive a thorough training that will prepare you to get to know our solutions by heart. At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. Here you can explore a wide range of functions. Moreover, we invest in your training to build a good career. You can count on permanent coaching and guidance by a godfather.
This function is eligible for the Teleworking CAO policy, allowing employees to be working remotely on a part time basis. At Siemens, we focus on work-life balance through open communication in the workplace where we consider each employee's individual needs and values to the greatest possible extent. We try to provide flexible work settings to offer our employees the opportunity to balance work and private life.
At Siemens, we work with and for each other. Are you someone who strives for responsibility, continuous innovation and excellence? Would you like to actively contribute to the world of tomorrow at a leading international technology player? Then apply now. See you soon!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time