*Preferred work locations 1) Atlanta, GA 2) Miami, FL 3) Orlando, FL 4) Raleigh, NC
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Southeast Zone Continuous Improvement Manager will drive process maturity of business standards, process excellence, productivity initiatives, and a continuous improvement culture within the Zone.
This person will work closely with the Zone Management team to drive improvement opportunities, best practice sharing, and lessons learned. This person will report to the Director of Continuous Improvement within the Business Excellence department. Continuous Improvement is a high performing business community built on openness and trust that delivers results and adds value to the business.
- Ensures Quality aspects are included in Zone business strategies thereby reducing non-conformance costs and improving overall bottom line results
- Drive productivity for our solutions and service operations via tool adoption and with an emphasis on efficient end to end process execution
- Drive improvement in Process Maturity results that gauges the proper execution and cross functional collaboration of critical processes
- Active usage and promotion of standard tools driving appropriate templates, training, and coaching
- Communicates, collaborates and supports key stakeholders at Division, Zone, and Branch levels to ensure goals, metrics, and actions plans are achieved
- Leads the determination of root cause analysis for business performance issues, development of corrective actions and recommendations, and implements process changes when appropriate
- Establishes and implements communication strategies and plans to increase awareness and improvement of productivity issues across the Zone
- Ensure adoption of quality processes and business process standards necessary to achieve customers perceived value requirement, including time and cost targets, while maintaining alignment with the company’s business model
- Assess, develop, establish, and periodically review operational processes and quality systems based on local needs and customer expectations
- Conducts lessons learned workshops to identify best practices and improvement opportunities
- Oversees improvement projects and ensures team members are trained in their discipline and appropriate process development
- Collaborate with operations departments on reducing the non-conformance costs on our customer installation projects and customer service level agreements. Use efficient and systematic approach to identify root causes, optimize processes, and eliminate waste.
- Drive business performance and set priorities according to sustainable top and bottom line impact
- Reports on changes to internal and external standards and ensures continued communication of performance results to appropriate individuals, teams and locations
- High School diploma, state-recognized GED, or high school proficiency exam is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Management, Business Management, Finance or Engineering highly preferred.
- 8-10+ years total professional experience, 4+ years of construction experience desired
- 4+ years of direct continuous improvement experience required
- Must be results oriented, possess superior team building and coaching skills, excellent leadership and communication skills. Strong quality, analytic, and problem solving background preferred
- Ability to influence decisions and compel action in a complex organization
- Must be able to foster a positive and professional image at all times by optimizing communication techniques and responses at all levels of the organization
- Travel required based on initiatives, up to 40%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Management, Business Management, Finance or Engineering
- 4+ years of construction experience
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification are a plus
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.