Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
The Senior Financial Analyst is a great opportunity to demonstrate Financial analytical and modelling skills while working closely with the GBS Controllers, Business Line, Service Line Heads and Sales teams. The position is demanding, fast paced and interacts with all levels of Management within Canada & US.
You will be responsible for providing accounting and controlling support to the Business Line and Service Lines to achieve the targeted financial goals. This position will also be expected to support continuous process improvements specific to P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Budgeting, Forecasting and Analytics. This will require effective collaboration with other team members and partners within the Business Line and Service Lines and strict adherence to deadlines and deliverables, while balancing the need for accuracy and efficiency throughout all aspects of the work.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, while taking accountability you will support the Controllers with the following:
- Responsible for the end-to-end financial statements of the assigned GBS Business Line / Service Line. Responsibilities include but not limited to, review of P&L, BS, monitor cash flow statement, PO & Contract management, sales order setup and period end closing.
- Responsible for monthly tracking of billings, error resolution and reconciliations
- Responsible for controlling tasks including performing bottom-up annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and monitoring of year to date actuals.
- Develops various financial reports; compiles and reviews financial forecasts and budgets
- Deliver quality and timeliness of analytics and performance of periodic financial reviews
- Collaborate with India team for general accounting and billing support activities
- Prepare journal entries
- Drive digitalization in Finance, including the introduction of new tools and models to automate financial reporting and other day-to-day activities.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Finance / Controlling / Accounting.
- CPA, CGA or CA designation preferred.
- Experience with SAP or an equivalent ERP system is preferred
- High energy level with hands-on approach to support a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail, organized and desire for continuous improvement and invocation
- Strong communication skills, customer orientation and responsiveness in a matrix environment
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel and strong proficiency with Power Point
- Well organized with experience handling multiple high priority tasks that have overlapping deliverables and execution of tasks with short notice
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.