Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as one of World's Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and group achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In this position, you will lead, manage, and oversee national accounting activities and accounting professionals. You will create and enforce effective internal controls, policies, and procedures in compliance with GAAP and other federal, state, and local requirements, professional standards, and company policies while meeting management, customer, and employee expectations. To ensure optimum effectiveness, you will implement workflow standards and related tools, training, and policies and procedures.
- Manage the general accounting function, including a team of accounting professionals responsible for assigned accounting functions. Ensure employee engagement and commitment to customer satisfaction and profitable growth. Engage and motivate a team to focus on goals and achieving objectives. Work with partners to provide tools, training, and a work environment conducive to team success.
- Play an integral role in conformance to national standards. Implement workflow standards, manage performance and conformance metrics. Participate in regular assessment activities as managed by the standards team. Manage actions required for conformance and implement recommendations to ensure the effectiveness of processes.
- Review and validate balance sheets, profit and loss statements, coding of invoices, proper account distribution, and other accounting activities. Lead month-end closing processes to ensure accurate posting, appropriate allocations, and branch and zone forecasts achievement. Supervise the review and compilation of periodic or special statements on costs, including investigation of inconsistent journal entries, prices, or expenses. Review account coding, prepare appropriate cost accounting or operating expense reports. May be responsible for, or assist in, physical or asset inventory reviews.
- Act as the company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to foster successful relationships and a positive image.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or another related field.
- 5+ years of finance and accounting experience.
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred; 2+ years.
- Experience working with a large-scale, robust ERP system required; SAP preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed, with the ability to interact with all levels of management and customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without current or future need for employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.