For applicants not currently residing in the Midwest you must be agreeable to relocating to the Midwest.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As an Application Engineer Modeling & Simulation you will act as the technical lead in demonstrating and promoting our Simcenter System Simulation Solutions (including Simcenter Amesim) to our customers in a diverse range of industries, with primary focus on Automotive and Aerospace applications.
This exciting opportunity promoting state of the art simulation solutions while maintaining a high level of technical knowledge offers a diverse range of skill development, from deep understanding of first principles of physics applied to engineering problems, to developing customer-oriented presentation, training and account management skills in support of our larger sales strategies.
In this position you will report to the presales manager of our fast-growing Simcenter System Simulation Solutions and be part of a large team of technical specialists, application and support engineers within the Siemens Digital Industries Software organization.
- Work alongside the sales team to apply technical knowledge of the Simcenter System Simulation portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of customers
- Develops proof of concept models, provide demonstrations and executes benchmarks using the Siemens Simcenter System Simulation portfolio
- Contributes to the product development roadmap by evaluating current product functionality, identifying customer needs, monitoring competitive products, analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simcenter product development team.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of Simcenter Amesim
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our Simcenter portfolio
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences
- Bachelor of Science in Automotive, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline, with a least a few years of fulltime work experience.
- Knowledge and experience using CAE simulation software
- For applicants not currently residing in the Midwest you must be agreeable to relocating to the Midwest.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to work as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Extensive experience using one or more of the following 1D / system simulation software: Simcenter Amesim, Flomaster, Easy5, Modelon, Dymola, SimulationX, Kuli, GT Suite, AVL Cruise, Simulink, Simscape, Simplorer, Maplesim, OpenModelica, NPSS, Hysys or others
- Knowledge of Control Systems design processes including MiL/SiL/HiL simulations
- Industry domain experience in one of the following areas: Automotive / Ground Vehicle, Aerospace / Defense, Industrial Machinery
- Prefer Master of Science degree
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.