Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a Fire Sales Manager to grow our Fire portfolio in the Chicago area. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for new customer growth within the Fire Life and Safety industry. Sales Management is to ensure strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals. The Fire Sales Manager is primarily involved in leading a Sales Team to overdrive quota, capture new market share, and grow the fire business for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. This position will be a management position with direct reports and P&L responsibility. The position is based in Chicago branch located in Mount Prospect, IL.
- Lead a team of sales professionals responsible for selling Fire and Life Safety products and projects tailored to meet our customers’ requirements.
- Must be able to work in an open, collaborative, team environment in support of our ownership and customer centric culture.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SI (Siemens Smart Infrastructure). Participates in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Promote team-selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Develop sales employees to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources, and assessing future potential business.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards, and professional quality to meet company and customer objectives.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling to large / key accounts.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts to validate or modify our offerings to evolve with our customers’ business objectives.
- Act as a resource to sales employees regarding SI's products, applications and services.
- Maintains customer contacts and actively participate in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Develop strategy for retention of account base and development of new accounts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Required experience: Three years or more sales experience in the Fire Protection Industry
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Sales Force
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred local industry knowledge
- Preferred 3+ years of fire industry related experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.