Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Linux
Job Reference #: 269897
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Siemens Information Technology department strategically supports our engineers and corporate staff in offices and R&D centers around the globe. Our vision is to deliver exceptional services by results oriented employees through innovative, cost-effective, global solutions developed in collaboration with our customers.
- Act as an expert Systems Administrator for the Service Delivery Team. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Software and hardware support and troubleshooting (including repairs as needed) for both Linux and Windows environments
- Working with vendors for support issues
- OS Installations including virtual desktops and servers
- Process automation and improvement
- Level II/III Help Desk tickets for customer issues
- Projects as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related field
- Must have 3+ years of professional experience in Systems Administration of Linux servers and workstations. While the focus is largely on the Linux platform, having Windows knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple OS’s including RHEL, CentOS, SLES, Ubuntu, etc.
- Virtualization experience with VMware products, VDI and vCloud Director.
- Must possess Shell/Perl scripting abilities along with process automation.
- Knowledge of endpoint/configuration management and remote server management tools is required.
- Must have solid understanding of problem management, incident management, and change control processes.
- Experience supporting software development engineers. Must perform problem resolution in an effective and timely manner in accordance with SLA's and customer expectations.
- Must understand networking protocols and be able to diagnose network related problems at the client level.
- Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills to accommodate business requirements and managing scheduled activities.
- Must work well in a cross-functional / matrixed team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of NAS and Flash storage technologies in a Linux/engineering environment.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.